Silvey's Flyfishing

Silvey's Flyfishing

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

WIND STORM ON SUNDAY

Sunday was a good and bad, fishing was good we landed a nice wild hen and had several other opportunities.
On the way back to Sandy after a great day on the river we ran straight into a mini tornado, with trees and limbs breaking all around us. As I was driving through this mess a limb landed just in front of us, with no way to dodge the limb. We drove through not knowing it had speared my radiator until we got back to town. So not a great way to end the day

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian, was it as bad as that Deschutes trout trip wind storm a couple of years ago? There were trees snapping then as well.

Too bad on your truck damage. At least you made it home safe and sound.

Brian Silvey said...

Hi Pete
The wind was blowing just as hard as the trip on the Deschutes but this time I was in my truck, not floating down the river.
I got home OK but had to be towed home.